Community Spotlight: Shine a Light on Fertility
Hey Five Point Community!
Our Community Spotlight program puts other progressive local businesses in the spotlight, highlights what makes them extraordinary and commends them for their contribution to our community.
We recently have had the privilege to partner and work with an amazing local organization and we felt compelled to share their story with our community.
Shine: A Light On Fertility
Founded and operated by Katie O’Connor, Shine was born from the founder’s personal journey through infertility. Her experience lead her to want to advocate for others affected by fertility challenges. Shine’s mission is through support, education and advocacy, to create a community, empower through knowledge and be the voice for a proactive approach to fertility and women’s health. According to the founder Katie, “Our goal is to shine light on fertility, get the discussion started, and make sure no one goes through infertility alone.”
Shine is purely funded by community donors, so most of its services are free of charge. Shine offers:
- Support Services - provide a community to promote emotional wellbeing and one-on-one mentoring through its Fertility Friends program
- Education and Knowledge - through professional seminars and events to empower
- Advocacy - for a proactive approach to one’s own health
- Fertility Friends Mentoring Program
- Open Forum Support Sessions
- Virtual Sessions / Podcasts
- Guest Speakers and Seminars
- Fertility Fest! (we attended this year, it was amazing)
Thank You Shine: A Light on Fertility!
We want to simply say thank you to Shine for being such an inspiring resource for support, education, and advocacy for a community in need. Keep being awesome. We look forward to working together for years to come!