WHAT TO EXPECT
Our clean, inviting, storefront clinic is conveniently located at 3234 W. Fullerton Avenue in Logan Square. We have cozy private treatment rooms and a spacious community treatment area. The private rooms allow for more intensive therapies and one-on-one interaction between you and your practitioner, while the community space provides the opportunity for the same quality care at a lower cost.
Preparing for Your Appointment
- If this is your first time at Five Point, please download, print, and fill out the above paperwork OR make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Be sure to eat a small meal a few hours before your treatment. Our therapies are best received when not overly full or overly hungry.
- Dress in comfortable clothing that can easily be rolled up to the elbows and knees.
During Your Acupuncture Treatment
- Needles are retained for up to 40 minutes.
- During this time of rest and relaxation, you may not get up or walk around with needles inserted.
- In the community room, other clients will be resting or receiving treatments at the same time, but music and white-noise machines allow for a quiet and tranquil experience.
During your bodywork session
- Bodywork sessions happen in a private room.
- The treatments are done over the clothing and include some passive/active stretching, so be sure to wear comfortable workout-type clothes.
After Your Treatment
- Respect your body for the rest of the day by refraining from rich foods, alcohol, vigorous exercise, or other strenuous activity.
- Enjoy the benefits of your treatments including better sleep, calmer moods, and pain relief.
Remember: As with all medicine, a certain therapeutic dose is required to affect a change. Acupuncture works best when received at least once a week or when combined with other therapies. Herbal formulas work best when taken at their prescribed dosage on a regular basis.